Jakarta, 29 March 2021 - The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGMS) of PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk or BNI (the Company) approved a dividend distribution of 25% of the net profit for the financial year 2020 in the amount of around Rp 820.1 billion. Taking into account the composition of 60% of government-owned shares, BNI will deposit dividends of Rp 492.58 billion into the state general cash account.
The public share of dividends for the ownership of 40% of shares worth Rp 327.52 billion will be given to shareholders according to their respective ownership. The Company’s Board of Directors with substitution rights will determine the schedule and procedure for dividend distribution for the financial year 2020 in accordance with the provisions. Meanwhile, as much as 75% of last year's net profit or Rp 2.46 trillion will be used as retained earnings.
The Annual GMS of BNI for the Fiscal Year 2020 was held in Jakarta, Monday (29 March 2021).
The Company's management has taken a number of measures, strategies and policies aimed at maintaining performance amidst these difficult conditions. The Board of Commissioners also consistently direct, monitor, and evaluate the implementation of the Bank's strategic policies, including through evaluation of the Bank's Business Plan and financial performance in 2020.
Shareholders fully support various strategic policies taken in 2021 in the face of challenges and fast-paced business dynamics. The strategic policies are first, improving credit quality through risk management improvement. Second, increasing digital capability in meeting customer needs. Third, increasing business expansion in a sustainable manner. Fourth, increasing CASA and FBI through increased transaction. Fifth, optimizing international networks and business by strengthening partnerships. Sixth, optimizing Subsidiaries’ Contribution. And, seventh, optimizing HC in supporting Bank business.
Changes in the Company Management
In this Annual GMS, Shareholders also decided to appoint Erwin Rijanto Slamet who previously served as Deputy Governor of Bank Indonesia to become Independent Commissioner replacing Joni Swastanto, who had ended his term of office.
With the resolution of the Annual GMS, the Composition of the Company's Board Commissioners becomes :
- President Commissioner/Independent Commissioner, Agus DW Martowardojo.
- Vice President Commissioner/Independent Commissioner, Pradjoto.
- Independent Commissioner, Sigit Widyawan.
- Independent Commissioner, Septian Hario Seto.
- Independent Commissioner, Asmawi Syam.
- Independent Commissioner, Iman Sugema.
- Independent Commissioner, Erwin Rijanto Slamet.
- Commissioner, Askolani.
- Commissioner, Ratih Nurdiati.
- Commissioner, Susyanto.
The composition of the Company’s Board of Directors becomes :
- President Director, Royke Tumilaar.
- Vice President Director, Adi Sulistyowati.
- Finance Director, Novita Widya Anggraini.
- Risk Management Director, David Pirzada.
- Treasury & International Director, Henry Panjaitan.
- Consumer Business Director, Corina Leyla Karnalies.
- MSME Business Director, Muhammad Iqbal.
- IT and Operations Director, YB Hariantono.
- Human Capital and Compliance Director, Bob Tyasika Ananta.
- Institutional Relations Director, Sis Apik Wijayanto.
- Corporate Banking Director, Silvano W. Rumantir, and
- Services and Network Director, Ronny Venir.
With this Shareholders’ resolution, it is expected that BNI can become a financial institution that excels in service and performance in a sustainable manner.