Jakarta, Wednesday 31 August 2022 -- PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk. or BNI (stock code: BBNI) posted a solid trend of performance and expansion until Semester I of this year in line with a healthy growth focus on top tier customers.
BNI's net profit in the first semester of 2022 was recorded at Rp 8.8 trillion, or grew 75.1% on an annual basis (YoY). This was resulted from credit expansion which grew 8.9% YoY to reach Rp 620.42 trillion.
Strong public fundraising performance, with Third Party Funds (TPF) reached Rp 691.84 trillion, up 7.0% YoY, of which 69.2% were Current Account Saving Accounts (CASA). Net profit was also generated from the contribution of non-interest income which in the first semester of 2022 could reach Rp 7.6 trillion or an increase of 11.0% YoY.
This is supported by continuous digital transformation, especially in the three BNI Product Champions, i.e. BNI Direct, BNI Mobile Banking, and BNI Xpora. In the first semester of this year, the Company managed to record an operating income before the reserve or Pre-Provision Operating Profit (PPOP) of Rp. 17.2 trillion, the highest in the history of the Company's performance.
"With this performance growth trend, BNI managed to penetrate its total assets until the first semester of 2022 worth Rp 946.49 trillion, or up by 8.2% YoY. With these assets, BNI has the ability to minimize the risks faced in the future," said BNI President Director Royke Tumilaar.
Royke conveyed the company's performance after the BNI Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders 2022 at BNI Pejompongan Tower, Jakarta, Wednesday (31/8/2022). In this EGMS, there are two meeting agendas, namely First, Presentation of the Company's performance up to Semester I of 2022 (Audited), and Second, Approval of Changes in the Composition of the Company's Management and Changes in the Nomenclature of the Board of Directors.
Changes in Company Management and Nomenclature
Royke said that on the second agenda, the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders approved the honorable dismissal of Ratih Nurdiati from BNI Commissioner and approved the appointment of Fadlansyah Lubis as BNI Commissioner, who currently serves as Deputy Cabinet Secretary – Cabinet Secretariat of the Republic of Indonesia.
The EGMS approved the honorable dismissal of Bob Tyasika Ananta from BNI Human Capital and Compliance Director. The GMS approved the appointment of Mucharom as BNI Human Capital & Compliance Director. Previously, Mucharom served as Corporate Secretary of BNI.
The EGMS approved the honorable dismissal of YB Hariantono from BNI IT & Operations Director and approved the appointment of Toto Prasetio as BNI IT & Operations Director. Previously, Toto served as SEVP of Technology & Information at PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk.
The EGMS also approved the honorable dismissal of Henry Panjaitan from BNI Treasury Director and approved the appointment of Putrama Wahju Setyawan as BNI Treasury Director. Previously, Putrama served as President Director of PT Jamkrindo.
With the resolutions of this Extraordinary GMS, the composition of BNI Board of Commissioners becomes:
- President Commissioner and Independent Commissioner Agus Dermawan Wintarto Martowardojo,
- Deputy President Commissioner and Independent Commissioner Pradjoto,
- Independent Commissioner Asmawi Syam,
- Independent Commissioner Sigit Widyawan,
- Independent Commissioner Septian Hario Seto,
- Independent Commissioner Iman Sugema,
- Independent Commissioner Erwin Rijanto Slamet,
- Commissioner Askolani,
- Commissioner Fadlansyah Lubis, dan
- Commissioner Susyanto.
As for the composition of Members of the Company’s Board of Directors becomes:
- President Director Royke Tumilaar,
- Deputy President Director Utama Adi Sulistyowati,
- Corporate & International Banking Director Silvano Winston Rumantir,
- Enterprise & Commercial Banking Director Muhammad Iqbal,
- Treasury Director Putrama Wahju Setyawan,
- Risk Management Director David Pirzada,
- Finance Director Novita Widya Anggraini,
- Technology & Operations Director Toto Prasetio,
- Human Capital & Compliance Director Mucharom,
- Network & Services Director Ronny Venir,
- Institutional Banking Director Sis Apik Wijayanto, and
- Consumer Banking Director Corina Leyla Karnalies.
"With the shareholders’ resolutions, it is hoped that BNI can become a financial institution that excels in service and sustainable performance," said Royke. (*)